Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Where Do I Get My Value?

 

My soul, my spirit. Then my physical being, the fact that I am a human, I embody this womanly form. Then I think it could extend to personality traits, ways of caring, passions. Then maybe extend to how I interact with myself, and then people, how I connect both internally and externally. Then I think the bubble can extend to include worldly activities, a way of ‘being-in-the-world’ that is particular to me. This includes all activities I enjoy, the way I spend my time, perhaps school or work. After this, comes the body. What I look like, physically. How I dress, present myself.

The irony in all of this is how we get to know people, backwards. We start with the physical and if were lucky enough, we work our way to the spirit. So could it be that individuals with whom you have relationships don’t know your intrinsic worth until they’ve dug deep enough? Yes this makes sense. I guess that is why it is so essential to have a sense of self worth irrespective of OTHERS.

No comments:

Post a Comment