Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Poetic Catharsis


lucifelle:

Daphne Guinness photographed by Steven Klein for Interview, November 2011

My wordy purgatory
locks poems in slate
cells and feeds
them a full bodied
diction diet.

A sphinx
guards them
at the bridge
I must cross
between anima
and animus.

Behind me,
chimera ideas
bare their teeth
and compete for
figurative flavor.

On the twine rail,
splintered words
dive for my palms
and itch beyond
nail’s depth.

With curious blinks
and ethereal tone
she tests, “How do you
find one cicada
amidst the chorus?”

I pause,
mist droplets
luge off my brow
in a race
to evaporate.

Rapids whisper
below personal
and collective
unconscious.

Say everything,
censor nothing
for threads of inspiration
to permeate the mortar.

Stomping their hooves,
I remind antsy ideas
that poems are extracted
 in patience.

 “I write the melody.”

With stoic lips she replies,
“Today, the poem
dies.”

No comments:

Post a Comment