Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Jocelyn Catterson Photography

I met Jocelyn in the Delhi airport around midnight, after the rest of our University group gathered their duffel bags and waited for taxis. The weeks we spent together, trekking through the Himalayas, pouring through academic journals about 'sustainable development,' sipping chai with too-sweet biscuits and gorging ourselves on Indian dankness, I came to find her exuberantly intoxicated with the experience of life-itself, a quality not found very often. Countless times, she would lock eyes with everyone in our circle as we gazed at a distant peak or giggled at some personal joke, and she would state (quite loudly), "I am so freakin' happy. I am in love with this space in time right now!" And this attitude is reflected in her photography. She captures those 'WOW' moments because--as far as I can tell--that is how she lives everyday, in awe of the beauty around her. Check out her website, order her prints, keep track of this wandering, talented spirit.

These are some of my favorite photos--



2 comments:

  1. I just stumbled across this. You are wonderful. Thank you so much. I hope you are doing well wherever you are in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right back at ya darling. Light and love!

    ReplyDelete